Wednesday, 5 March 2014

Leaving it out for Lent

Tis the season to start giving up some of your favourite things and, anticipating Shrove Tuesday’s huge pancake hangover, I said goodbye to chocolate, and sweet and salty popcorn.

I go off chocolate every year, and I don’t think I’ve ever made it.  Once I got within sight and then got incredibly cheesed off in work and cracked.  I thundered over to the vending machine and promptly ate my rage in the form of a Drifter.  Tasty.

With an already out-of-control addiction to popcorn, I thought this would be another thing to take a step back from for 40 days.

But if you’re already having withdrawal symptoms, I’m here with some help.  Or rather, the internet is.


Check out these tasty treats that won’t break your ban....

These delicious tshirts are unisex, so apt for the hungry man - or woman - in your life.

Burger and pancake t shirts.
Etsy has REAMS of food-inspired jewellery and other knickknacks.
Ice cream earrings, lollipop ring, M&M cufflinks.
Well now these are just practical!
Pizza pot stand, Hershey's kisses walking stick.
My mouth is watering just thinking about these Philosophy goodies, and there's a recipe on each bottle, so when Lent is up you can indulge yourself without leaving the house!
Philosophy Butter Rum Cake, Melon Daiquiri,
and Senorita Margarita bath and shower gels.
And if you don't mind having novelty phone covers, check out these yummy phone accessories.
Chocolate iphone covers.
Well after all that, I'm not sure if I've made my cravings disappear - or just become worse!

Are you giving up anything for Lent?

4 comments:

  1. That burger shirt is hilarious haha :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck with lent! Just found your blog, new follower:) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, off to check yours out too! S xx

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave a comment or email me on belfastbeautylove@yahoo.com